How to Get a Free Credit Report

Under the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), you are entitled to receive one free credit report per year. You can obtain your free credit report from, which is a website maintained by the three major credit reporting agencies, Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. The free report, however, does not provide your current credit score. If you wish to also obtain your credit score, they will provide this to you for a small fee.

If you are considering filing for Bankruptcy, your Bankruptcy attorney will likely ask you to provide a credit report along with various other documents. If you are in McHenry County, Kane County, or Dekalb County, the Law Office of Timothy Brown will be glad to provide you with a free Bankruptcy consultation. Just click or call(815) 569-4110 to schedule an appointment today.


Take Control Of Your Financial Future.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Put Us On Your Side