The Chapter 13 Process
The Chapter 13 filing and plan approval process involves the following steps:
- obtain a free evaluation
- provide the necessary documents and records
- obtain a credit counseling certificate
- review and sign the petition, schedules and proposed payment plan
- attend the "meeting of the creditors"
- resolve any objections to the proposed plan
- obtain court approval of the payment plan
The Chapter 13 plan can be confirmed within a few months. The commitment period will last for three to five years.