How the Chapter 7 Process Works
Chapter 7 is a straightforward process. Here is a summary of the necessary steps to complete a Chapter 7 bankruptcy:
- determine whether you qualify to file
- provide the necessary documents to prepare the case
- complete the credit counseling requirement
- review and sign the bankruptcy forms
- attend the section 341 meeting
- wait two months
- obtain your discharge
In most cases, the Chapter 7 debtor becomes debt free in about three months. After the case is concluded, steps can be taken to rebuild your credit.
Contact us or call our law firm at (815) 788-9511 for a free Chapter 7 consultation.