Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Procedures
The process of filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy might seem a little complicated at first. But getting getting a Chapter 13 case approved is not so difficult if the proper steps are followed.
Contact us or call our firm (815) 788-9511 for a free Chapter 13 case evaluation.
In simplified form, the debtor seeking debt relief in Chapter 13 will need to follow these steps:
- get a free Chapter 13 case evaluation
- provide your financial records, such as pay stubs and recent tax returns
- take the required credit counseling class
- review with your attorney and sign the prepared bankruptcy forms
- make your first Chapter 13 payment within 30 days from the case filing
- attend with your attorney the "meeting of the creditors" conducted by the case trustee
- let your attorney resolve any objections to your proposed Chapter 13 plan
- let your attorney work to have your proposed Chapter 13 plan approved by the court
- complete the debtor education class
- make all required Chapter 13 payments
Although it requires a commitment of three to five years to successfully complete a Chapter 13 plan, its worth it to finally become debt free!
Contact us or call us at (815) 788-9511 for a free consultation with a Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney in Algonquin.